Monday 10 June 2013

God Confidence


Ever heard of the statement Confidence is key? I’m sure you have... well confidence has been a dominant word, a recurring theme, since my coffee date last week with the friend I mentioned in my previous post. We were talking about having confidence through the fact that God has already pre-planned our future, she calls it “God Confidence” such a powerful way to put it.

After hearing Ps Gary preach about confidence when it came to your purpose in life I knew I had to unlock this word and how it affects us or could potentially affect us in the future.

I have only ever had confidence in the things I know I am able to do, but it’s that type of confidence that can easily be broken by a little bit of criticism. So my question is what is the point of outward confidence if you have no self confidence?

Self confidence is something all of us should have; we are all uniquely different and should be confident that we were chosen by God to succeed in life. Truth is there is always going to be someone better than you, but it’s your confidence that sells you no matter how awesome the next person may be. I can stand here honestly and say I have little to no self confidence, if I’m thrown into a losing battle; I tend to withdraw and run into the opposite direction, although the best way to overcome a storm is to hit it head on. With people who are way more creative than I am, girls who are prettier, more subtle and lady like than me and even friends who are more outgoing and easier to get along with, no wonder self confidence in my life is as mythical as flying pigs.

When I look around and see people who have confidence that illuminates like a spotlight they are usually the ones who walk around with their heads held high knowing that the world is theirs, I sort of envy them, envy their courage to say I am here, I have talents, and I am damn good at what I do. That might come off as pride but when someone is proud of their God given talents and uses their talents to hold his name high then is there anything wrong with it?  God even tells us that through Him all things are possible! We should replace any self doubt with God confidence!

So what exactly is God Confidence?
  1. In the past I couldn’t go into a room without feeling out, or like I don’t belong, I would never ever have walked up to a person that I have never met before or even people that I know but don’t reeeeally know and just start talking to them (unless I’ve had a bit to drink, people seemed to like me better then). But now I have God confidence I know who I am and what I am about, I know that if I want to talk to someone I can, without preplanning strings of conversation in my head. I’m more at peace with myself and genuine people enjoy my company without the company of alcohol. (I’m not saying that I don’t like to still have a drink every now and then... but when I do drink it’s not for the wrong reasons anymore.)
  2. Recently I was tested when it came to my confidence in my design capabilities, I lost my passion for it because I was criticised and I deceived myself into believing that maybe design was not for me, but the moment I changed my perspective and looked at all my accomplishments in the field I couldn’t help but feel a surge of happiness, a surge of confidence in knowing that I am good. One opinion couldn’t hold me back from doing something I love.
  3. Confidence in my ability to get a guy, boy or man whatever you like to call it. This is where my confidence was and sometimes still is at an all time low. But my God confidence is in other things, I’m confident in what I am deserving of. There is no point in me settling for someone just to have someone. I’m confident enough to say if you don’t like me as a person, without all the extra add-on’s you know where the door is. Self integrity allows for self confidence. I would rather be single and confident in who I am and what I stand for than be with someone who makes me doubt myself and every move I make, who makes me feel like I am not good enough and that I have to fight for his affection. I am confident that I will find someone who will respect me and honour my role in his life.
This can all be summed up into following “With Him is only the arm of flesh, but with us is the Lord our God to help us and to fight our battles.” 2 Chronicles 32:8. If the Lord is with us then who can be against us? Go into problems and situations with the mindset that you’ve already succeeded and you will win. Be confident in who you are because you are perfectly made and our creator makes no mistakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment