Monday 1 July 2013

Be Expectant


“They triumphed over him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony; they did not love their lives so much as to shrink from death” Revelations 12:11

It is so important to share the big things that happen in your life no matter how small they seem to others, because when you have fallen and Jesus lifts you up your testimony allows you to stand against evil and ignorance and rise up as a beacon of hope for those who may feel defeated and out of luck.

One of the most important things as a Christian is to be expectant, expectant of the supernatural, miracles and breakthrough. We live through the eyes of hope; we see the future as a better and brighter place because if we lose hope we lose life. I want to tell you about something amazing that happened over the weekend, and I want you to take it as opportunity to see and feel without truly seeing and believing. You will understand what I mean after this story.

On Saturday evening after my dad got home from work, we got to talking; firstly discussing the Joel Osteen book my dad told me to read entitled Your Best Life Now, then onto the topic of having a relationship with and strong faith in Jesus. Before I continue let me tell you a little bit about my dad, he is a funny, caring, warm hearted individual who shows a passion and heart for the things my sister and I love, and he is our number one supporter in everything we do. He has always been fascinated with the unknown, sci-fi movies, magic and all of that. As our conversation continued he was telling me that he needs to sort his mindset out because he becomes so fixated on the fact as to why things happen, he said he always wants to see the end result and it’s very difficult for him to understand Christianity because he can’t see any facts, and there is so many other things in this world that causes him to be curious. Where my response to this was that he needed to go to church the next day being expectant, expectant that God will deliver the right answers, expectant that peace will fill his heart and that the Holy Spirit will guide him in the right direction!

Here is where the miracle happened, if any of you attended Hillsong Canal Walk yesterday you would know that Ps Ron Martin delivered a great word about becoming a doer of the word, reading the bible and claiming victory as your own. Doing the unexpected to receive blessings and not to persuade yourself out of the blessings God wants to give you (podcast here). Just before Ps Ron’s big finish, I looked at my Dad and he looked back at me, smiled and nodded in agreement. I smiled back, with tears in my eyes, thanking God for continually pouring his love and encouragement over my family members and for constantly providing me with answered prayers.

I’ve been reading Genesis and the story of Abraham’s servant’s first encounter with Rebekah who later wed Abraham’s son Isaac (read story here)  made we think about going into a situation expectant, he traveled across the country to find a wife for Isaac being obedient to God and to his master Abraham, he prayed and asked God to bless him with a woman who is fitting for Isaac, expecting a miracle to take place, and the Lord God delivered and when he delivered he delivered his best, as Rebekah was described as “beautiful”. When he saw the miracle within reach he already thanked God before Rebekah even agreed to return with him to marry Isaac.

26 Then the man bowed down and worshiped the Lord, 27 saying, “Praise be to the Lord, the God of my master Abraham, who has not abandoned his kindness and faithfulness to my master. As for me, the Lord has led me on the journey to the house of my master’s relatives.” Genesis 24: 26-27

He claimed the situation and believed that he would end up victorious, and he did! God says: "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

If you go into a situation with expectation you will come out victorious! If you are seeking answers and direction open your bible and declare the words on the page as if it were written especially for you! Go to church services, conferences, listen to podcasts and read blogs expecting to be moved, expecting to be changed and expecting a supernatural miracle. When you pray believe with your heart that your desire will be met and go into everyday expecting that miracle to come to pass!

Expect your life to change at any moment, and when that change comes about, it will be perfectly timed and it will take your breath away! See your life being transformed for the better over and over again  in your head, see your victory before it has even happened, and once you receive your miracle drop your head and say thank you in the midst of your situation. A lifetime of happiness can start at any moment, God wants us to be happy but we must want happiness for ourselves first. If you desire favour claim it, it is yours for the taking!

No comments:

Post a Comment